If you would like to request College approval to add a student with 150 or more total units to your majors or minors, please select your student’s advising/counseling unit below to submit your request. (Please note that you may check your student’s College advising/counseling unit at the top of counselor desktop under the student’s ID number and name.)  This request is not necessary for students submitting a double major petition.

This request should NOT be submitted by students.

Once you have submitted the request, please be sure to advise the student to check the status of the petition on MyUCLA -> Academics -> Petitions for the status and further instructions if necessary.  The petition may not appear until it is processed, so students should check MyUCLA regularly until the request is processed.  

Since it is a secure form through MyUCLA, you will need to log in with your UCLA login ID and password to access the form.

The following information is required to complete the online form:

  • Student’s First and Last Name
  • Student ID Number
  • College Advising Office (can be found at the top of the Counselor Desktop page under the student’s name and ID Number)
  • Major or Minor
  • Major or Minor that they are trying to add
  • How many classes the student will need to complete the major or minor after the current term
  • How many units the student will need to complete the major or minor after the current term
  • Student’s proposed degree expected term
  • Your phone number
  • Any additional comments that you might have relevant to the student’s situation

Once you submit the request, it will take up to 10-15 working days for the request to be considered and for you to receive a response.  We will input a blue petition on Counselor Desktop indicating the response and any comments as well.  If approved, we will place an enrollment lock on the student corresponding to their proposed degree expected term.  The response will then be entered in the forms system which will trigger an email reply to you.

If you encounter a student with 150 or more units trying to add a major or minor that would still benefit from seeing a College advisor, please still feel free to refer them to their College advising office for an in-person appointment.