In order to encourage on-time graduation and support a quality education that is accessible, undergraduate students in the College are allowed to enroll through Spring or Summer of their fourth year (for direct entry admits) or Fall of their third year (for transfer admits).  If you need to stay beyond that time, you must submit a petition to request an exception.

Because these are exceptions, you should be prepared to explain why you need to stay longer and provide documentation supporting your explanation where possible.  Please note that approval is not guaranteed.

If you are planning to submit a petition, you can find information on the Time to Degree petition page.