There is no Leave of Absence status for undergraduates at UCLA, but there are three procedures which approximate it:

  • Not registering (paying fees) for a given term and declaring non-attendance on MyUCLA
  • Cancelling Registration before instruction begins if fees have been paid
  • Withdrawing from a term in progress or retroactively

Although none of the methods listed to the left require an authorizing signature, you should meet with a counselor in your advising unit before proceeding if:

  • You have withdrawn from a term before
  • You are not in good academic standing

If you are an international student and considering withdrawal from the quarter, then you MUST consult with the Dashew Center  in order to learn of any implications with regard to your Visa standing.