BRUIN READMISSION PROGRAM APPLICATION
Applying to the Bruin Readmission Program
Please note that applications will be accepted through 11:59 pm on day of the deadline. It is highly recommended that you submit your application at least one day prior to this deadline to avoid any potential complications since late applications will not be accepted.
Before starting your application, please ensure you have the following:
- If you have any financial holds on your record, you will need to know how much money is owed to the University, and how you will repay it.
- If you have completed over 120 units, or are attempting the same or a similar major that you were pursuing prior to dismissal, you must ask the department to submit a departmental evaluation by the application deadline. Please note the date of your request. If an evaluation is required but not received, your application may be delayed or denied.
- You will need to submit personal statements addressing the following questions. These should be answered as fully as possible. You should have a minimum of 1-2 paragraphs for each section. Please note that incomplete or nominal responses may negatively impact the assessment of your ability to succeed in the program at this time. It is highly recommended that you compose your response separately and then cut and paste your answers into the application.
- Please discuss all of the factors that led to your dismissal from UCLA. Your statement should include a clear chronology of events.
- Since your dismissal, what has changed that makes you feel ready and stable to pursue your degree?
- What do you think could best enhance your ability to succeed, and why?
- If you have previously applied for BRP and are applying again, please also address what has changed since you previously applied that makes you feel you are now ready and stable to pursue your degree?
- You will need your BOL logon ID to access the Bruin Readmission Program application. If you would like more information on your BOL logon ID, please refer the the UCLA Identity and Accounts Manager page at https://accounts.iam.ucla.edu/#/
If you have attended any educational institutions (including UCLA Extension) since your dismissal, please be prepared to upload a copy of your unofficial transcript with this application.
Completed applications must be submitted by:
Winter 2024: Wednesday, October 11, 2023, 11:59 pm
Spring 2024: Friday, January 12, 2024, 11:59 pm
Late or incomplete applications (e.g., missing transcripts) will NOT be considered.
Applicants will be contacted by email after October 26, 2023 for BRP Winter 2024 and after January 30, 2024 for BRP Spring 2024 to discuss results and options with a College advisor.