CAAC is proud to foster a culture of assessment in the undergraduate advising environment. Our assessment processes aim to:
- Help us better understand student learning and development that take place in the context of academic advising as well as other programs housed in CAAC
- Aid our monitoring of short- and long-term program effectiveness
- Support leadership and other stakeholders in evidence- and data-based decision making
- Identify programmatic areas requiring attention or development
- Promote our commitment to continuous program improvement
Currently, comprehensive assessment plans are in place for the First Year Scholars Program (FYSP) as well as REACH virtual advising. Program evaluation and assessment workshops are also offered through ACE in order to support program evaluation and assessment efforts by colleagues across campus that provide vital student support and services.