What is an Articulation Agreement?
An articulation agreement shows which courses from another institution will apply toward the satisfaction of requirements in the UCLA College.  Articulation agreements are reflected on the Transferology website discussed and linked below.

How do I know what course counts for what GE?
Once you have selected both UCLA and the school at which you plan to complete or have completed coursework, you will select the department of the course and then the actual course. On the left side of the page, courses in that department are listed, while on the left side direct equivalencies and/or requirements that that course will fulfill at UCLA are listed. You will search in Transferology by the course numbers at the institution at which you plan to complete the course.

With which schools does UCLA articulate coursework?
The Transferology website includes both CA schools and schools from across the United States.   If you have questions about the applicability of classes from an institution not on this list, please schedule an appointment with a College Counselor in your respective counseling unit (College Academic Counseling, Honors, AAP, or Athletics).


Students may consult the Transferology  website to see how past coursework has transferred to UCLA. Transferology is an advisory tool only, and does not guarantee transferability. Actual course transferability is subject to change without notice, at the discretion of the UCLA Registrar’s Office and Undergraduate Admission .

Guidance for courses not listed on Transferology is not given until a final transcript is received by UCLA.

Students should follow these guidelines to have courses considered for credit:

  • attend a regionally accredited U.S. college or university, or a recognized international university
  • take academic courses substantially similar to those offered by the University of California
  • take all courses in proper sequence
  • not take courses that repeat material already completed in another college- or university-level course
  • not take courses concurrently with enrollment in UCLA regular-session (fall, winter, spring) courses

Final approval of how coursework transfers to UCLA is made only when a complete, official transcript with grades has been received. When coursework has been completed, the offering institution must send the transcript to UCLA Undergraduate Admission, 1147 Murphy Hall, Box 951436, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1436.

Credit Restrictions

    • If you have already earned college credit for a class taken at UCLA, you cannot repeat the class for credit at a community college. The reverse is also true: you will not receive credit for a class you take at UCLA if you have already received credit for the class from another institution.
    • You will not receive credit for courses taken at a community college in violation of sequence restrictions whether or not the restrictions are imposed by UCLA or the community college.
  • If you take the equivalent of English 3 at another institution without having first satisfied the Entry Level Writing Requirement, you will earn neither course credit nor unit credit for the class. If you pass the class, however, you will receive credit for satisfying the Subject A requirement.

Unit Restrictions

  • After you have completed 105 quarter units toward your degree, you are no longer eligible to receive unit credit for courses completed at a community college. Even if you do not receive unit credit, you may still receive course credit to satisfy degree requirements if the course is appropriate and transferrable.
  • One semester unit translates into 1.5 quarter units.

Concurrent Enrollment

  • You are concurrently enrolled if your take courses for credit at another institution while enrolled at UCLA during regular session (fall, winter and spring terms).
  • No credit will be given for courses taken concurrently without the permission of the college.
  • The UCLA College does not permit concurrent enrollment except under extraordinary circumstances.